The Best Television Furniture, TV Stands, Media Stands
Since its introduction in the 1950’s, Americans have carried on a love affair with their television sets. From its humble black and white beginnings, housed in a piece of television furniture once clunky, the old tv cabinet called a ‘console’, to the streamlined, high tech plasma and flat screen TVs available today, watching television remains a favorite American activity, and the television remains a design focal point.
We’ve come a long way since the old stereo consoles, the media tv stands of the 1960s. Considered the first modern-day entertainment furniture, most stereo consoles were hardwood cabinets that stored components such as stereos, record players, and speakers. In the 1970s, these consoles were gradually replaced by component stereos that offered the flexibility of independent units that could be mixed and matched without being mounted inside a piece of furniture. (Learn more about these original methods of electronic component storage at Wikipedia:)
In the 1980s, media tv stands and home entertainment furniture became prevalent. These self-contained units were used to house all electronic components, including televisions, VCRs, stereos, and other accessories. Entertainment armoires gained in popularity in the 1990s, as did state-of-the-art home theater systems, which combined improved acoustics with cutting-edge designs.
Today, finely crafted television furniture is available to create the perfect space for maximizing the enjoyment of your television investment. So what makes more sense than finding just the right TV armoires to go with that amazing television? No more clunky console TVs or space-eating projection TVs!
Today’s TV loving Americans want sleek plasma or LCD TVs and television furniture with a variety of features, including:
- Adjustable shelves
- Cable management
- Sliding back panels for easy access to rear unit wiring
- Adequate ventilation
Looking For Choice? Buy From Amazon
I highly recommend you search the incredible selection of tv stands and entertainment furniture available at Amazon.com. Get more bang for your buck and take the guesswork out of online shopping. Purchasing a beautiful TV can be quite an investment. It’s important to showcase that investment with the media console that best complements your television.
Since it’s the best way to shop, compare prices and save big on your TV furniture while also saving on expensive, precious gas for your car. Feel good about your decision, knowing you purchased the right furniture for your television at the right price.
Shop where you want, when you want, and take your time making the purchase that is right for you. Then, sit back and wait for your TV furniture to arrive at your door! Is there any more convenient way to shop?
- Selection: Amazon.com’s incredible collection in every conceivable shape, size, color and style to suit any living space you call home ensuring an easy and efficient online shopping experience. For those tight on space we offer wall or ceiling mounts for efficient compact living.
- Value: An online retailer who ships directly from the manufacturer so there is no costly overhead, thus allowing for special discounts and promotions that can’t be found in the big electronic stores.
- Service: Their highly trained customer service specialists are standing by 7 days a week to assist you with your TV furniture questions.
- Free Shipping: Free shipping is offered for most products which eases costly delivery fees or shipping expenses which may allow for you to purchase the furniture of your dreams.
Imagine relaxing in your home, watching your favorite movie, programs or sports event from your new furniture for your TV, supported by your new TV furniture. Is there a better way to spend a few relaxing hours of home entertainment? But before you jump into purchasing the first TV stand or entertainment center you see, it’s important to do a little pre-planning and research.
TV Stand or Entertainment Center?
Your first decision is whether to purchase a TV stand or an entertainment center. What’s the difference? Well, space is one issue. TV stands take up less space therefore a television stand is probably a better choice for small rooms in your home, or apartments and dorm rooms. entertainment centers may be both taller and wider than TV stands, and offer additional storage for games and game consoles, movies and music CDs. Corner stands are terrific for those with compact living spaces.
There is a TV stand or entertainment center to suit every room of your living space. Even if you don’t have room for a full-fledged entertainment center, the majority of today’s TV furniture is well designed to hold not only a large LCD or plasma TV but many of the accessories you want to store.
Add a feature attraction to your TV room and showcase your investment from our selection of furnishings for your television room.
What to Consider When Shopping for Media TV Stands
Today, the prevalence of flat screen televisions has resulted in a new wave of sleeker, wider entertainment centers that are specially designed to accommodate flat-panel screens. When shopping for a media furniture solution for your home, there are several important factors to consider:
- Television Size: Be sure to have all of your television’s specifications on hand when shopping for a media console, including width, height, weight, and—perhaps most importantly—depth. Keep in mind that today’s popular plasma televisions are wider than standard rear projection televisions, while LCD TVs are shorter and wider. Consult the manufacturer’s weight capacity limits before purchasing a TV stand.
- Room Configuration: Before purchasing a media furniture suite, you’ll need to plan the layout of the room where it will be installed. Measure carefully to make sure the furniture will fit in the designated area. If you’re tight on space or facing a limitation of electrical outlets, you might want to consider a corner entertainment center. For larger rooms with spacious seating, larger media stands allows you to customize the viewing angle.
- Storage Space: Many consumers prefer to incorporate their computers with their audio and video equipment to allow for more convenient downloading of songs, videos, and other digital assets. Many entertainment centers are equipped with adjustable shelving, open or closed cabinets and/or drawers. Remember to measure all components to make sure your media console can accommodate them.
- Décor Styles: For a cohesive look, you’ll want to select an entertainment unit that blends well with your home’s design. Today’s media stands are available in a wide variety of styles, ranging from traditional to contemporary to modern. These aesthetic considerations can also be extended to the material used to craft your television stand. Modern stands are often made from combinations of glass, metal, and chrome, while more traditional media furnishings are built from various types of hardwood.
Why Buy Your Media Furnishings Online?
In a word, selection. Online furniture dealers offer a much more extensive assortment of entertainment furniture than your local store. Rather than driving all around town and evaluating only a few select brands and styles, you can browse hundreds of manufacturers’ styles from the comfort of your own home.
Shopping online can also translate into substantial savings off suggested retail prices, as well as discounts off shipping and even taxes.