Mylands Wax ( mylands paste wax ) Review
If you are looking at a company´s history, then the longer it has been in business, the better it´s product is loved. Mylands Wax has been in existence for over 100 years and has been one of the go to paste waxes for those in the furniture restoration and conservation business, especially Antique Furniture Restoration.
The wax is compilation of natural Carnuba, Beeswax and Shellac, and is reputed for use on most internal wood surfaces, with any type of finish. Mylands paste waxcomes in a range of color options and is said to produce lovely shine.
Although this wax is not well known in the USA, it is very popular in the UK and has the right to the royal seal: “By appointment to Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II”.
Verified Customer Review: Love this wax. Was introduced to this when I purchased a piece of furniture and told to apply a small amount each month and buff it off. Have bought several tins.See Reviews and Price
Mylands Wax Pros
- Ideal for Antique restoration.
- Works well with Chalk Painted Furniture
- Works Well with Milk painted Furniture
- Easy to Apply
How To Apply Mylands Wax:
- Apply Mylands Wax with a soft cloth, brush or No.5 Premium Steel Wool.
- Apply Mylands Wax sparingly, just enough to cover with a thin coat, allow to dry (normally 5-7 minutes) and buff.
- In the case of detailed or carved surfaces, Mylands Wax may be buffed using a furniture brush.
- Additional applications of Mylands Wax will provide increased shine and protection.
If you are looking for a tried and tested, royally endorsed product that works well with your antique wood furniture then you should try this wax - if you can get hold of some. Rare to buy in the USA.