Makita LS1016L Compound Miter Saw Review
A good miter saw is must if you need to apply precise and highly accurate cuts again and again. But of course, you want to have the best miter saw available within your affordable price range. In order to make a reasonable decision for buying the right tool, you need to understand the main functionalities incorporated by the saw as well as any extra features that it provides such as dust extraction and laser. The Makita LS1016L Compound Miter Saw is one of the highly reviewed saws on the market, and as a result we created a summary which should help you in deciding whether this is the tool for you or not.Click here to see full Pricing, Rating & Reviews
Features and Specifications:
we have listed below the key features and specifications related to the Makita LS1016L Compound Miter Saw. After reading the information provided below, you’ll ought to be able to make better decision regarding the purchase of this machine.
- Powerful Motor: Makita LS1016L has powerful 15 AMP direct drive motor which enables you to cut various types of materials with high degree of ease. You’ll never experience the rotation of blades getting slow while cutting. Motor requires very little maintenance and generates 3,200 RPM thus enabling you to apply smooth and accurate cuts without any hurdle.
- Compact Design: The design of Makita LS1016L is compact with open 4-Steel rail sliding system which further enhances the rigidity of the machine resulting in more better and accurate cuts.
- Low Weight: The machine possesses low weight and has a total weight of 53.3 lbs. which makes it highly portable equipment which will obviously be very well suited for job site work.
- Efficient Speed Control: The speed of Makita LS1016L remains constant throughout the cutting process due to the presence of electronic speed control. This provides you efficient and consistent cutting each time.
- Built-In Laser: Due to built in laser, the machine precisely indicates the line of cut which enables you to check whether the blade is getting turned or not. It incorporates switch to turn the machine on or off as well as various micro adjustments for accurate “right of blade” or “left of blade” cutting.
Pros and Cons:
- Compact design and Light weight
- Built-in laser
- Highly portable and well suited for job site work
- Powerful and easy to maintain motor
- User friendly one touch miter lock
- Easy to read markings
- Convenient one step blade change
- Fences bend frequently resulting in bent blades and kick backs
- Stiffness in saw during last 2 inches of sliding
- Overall operation of the machine is complex
I’ll recommend this equipment for basic to intermediate level work or cutting. This machine is highly efficient in handling simple work and can easily be employed for job site work. However, if you have advanced level work to be done, then you may consider other options.
Similar Recommended Miter Saws
|Jet JMS-12SCMS||DEWALT DWS780||DEWALT DW715||Festool Kapex KS 120|
|Ratings||4 out of 5 stars (13 Reviews)||5 out of 5 stars (327 reviews)||4 out of 5 stars (548 reviews)||4 out of 5 stars (92 reviews)|
|Dimension||26.3 x 37.4 x 22.8 in||23.75 x 33 x 18.8 in||20 x 27.7 x 18.8 in||22.75 x 29.5 x 20 in|
|Power||electric cord||electric cord||electric cord||electric cord|
|Voltage||120 volts||120 volts||120 volts||120 volts|
|Reviews||Click For Customer Reviews||Click For Customer Reviews||Click For Customer Reviews||Click For Customer Reviews|
Majority of the customers are satisfied with this machine. Although, there are few complaints regarding the operational complexity, bend in fences and stiffness in saw but most of the people consider it as a highly efficient machine which provides good quality cuts every time. It has feedback score of 3.9 out of 5 which clearly indicates that most of the users are happy with the purchase ofMakita LS1016L Compound Miter Saw.