DEWALT DW087K Self-Leveling Line Laser, Review
DEWALT DW087K LaserChalkLine Self-Leveling Line Laser, Horizontal & Vertical Review
I love writing reviews about these awesome products which assist us and make our lives easier. Today I am going to review DEWALT DW087K LaserChalkLine Self-Leveling Line Laser, Horizontal & Vertical, a laser precision tool which aids construction workers in getting accurate measurements. I came across this product when I was researching about self-leveling line laser that can be used for horizontal and vertical applications and also help out even when working at long distances. I assumed that it was going to be an easy task. Oh boy, I was wrong. Until, I learned about Dewalt’s self-leveling laser tool.Update: Consider the newer model DEWALT DW088K
The specifications that I was categorizing for the best product in laser power tools were:
- It should be a Rugged device
- Should Have high level Precision
- Should provide extreme Durability
- Have a long Battery life(who doesn’t wish for this)
- Should be Easy to use
How Rugged is this device?
DEWALT DW087K LaserChalkLine Self-Leveling Line Laser, Horizontal & Vertical is an eye-catching device to look at, but let the looks not deceive you ‘cos it’s one hell of a rugged machine which withstood falling from more than 8 feet. It’s built is strong and appears bulky. Weighing at 3.5 pounds, it’s not heavy and as well as not so light too. But, the sturdy look and feel has also been put in how it can withstand any kind of weather or place where it is supposed to be setup.
Has high level precision
Would you buy a precision tool if it’s not precise? No. Dewalt DW087K Self-Leveling Line Laser’s type II laser device is precise up to +/- 1/8″ @ 30 feet. So, if you are lining up fixtures or working on flooring, there would be no use of a chalk line or waste-of-time run-around-the-mill calculations. DW087K self-leveling line laser offers self-leveling within 5 degrees and allows for a quick, easy and reliable measurement.
It also hosts a out-of-level flashing indicator which informs you if the device gets out of level. That means, your alignment would never be displaced thereby reducing waste of time and effort.
One of the most noteworthy feature of Dewalt DW087K is it’s built-in Magnetic Pivot Bracket which allows any user to mount the device easily on any kind of a surface, most importantly on a metal/steel surface.
This device has to be praised as it can withstand any kind of job site conditions.
- It’s body is protected in a layer called as over-molded housing, which helps to maintain the calibration under any kind of job conditions.
- The laser has a visibility range of 50 feet when working indoors.
- A sturdy kit included in the package protects the laser when not in use.
DEWALT DW087K LaserChalkLine Self-Leveling Line Laser, Horizontal & Vertical arrives with three AA batteries which provide a 20 hours of continuous run time.
Ease of Use:
No confusing and complicated menus with whopping configuration details. The DW087K is just one-button operated instrument. Something what I call, a plug and play kind of device.
- Long battery life
- Bright laser to assist in outdoors
- Highly Precise laser
- Indoor laser visibility up to 50 feet
- Magnetic Pivot Bracket to cling to any kind of surface
- Got a strong magnetic base with a 180 degree rotating base plate
- Includes multiple mounting options
- High quality build made from recycled materials
- Includes dedicated space for manual and as well as an extra set of batteries(well thought of Dewalt)
- Suitable for any kind of job site
- Bulky user manual-Dewalk combined multiple languages in one single package and in a cluttered and confusing poster style.
- Mounting clamp is designed for thin metal. Should have been built as a well adjusted one.
- Appears pricey, but well worth the price
- An older model
If you are looking for a good chalk line laser then you should definitely consider this range by Dewalt.